Feminism is a topic we have discussed several times in different contexts, but for this episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast, Pia wanted to take a look at the aspects of sexism that discriminate against men.
We went into controversial territories but navigated those dangerous waters and steered the conversation back to a productive direction. We came to the conclusion that all stereotypes and the consequences they bring should change and evolve – if not disappear completely. Just let people be, let us all just be ourselves in peace. Isn’t that a nice resolution for 2019? Happy new year, by the way!
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 39: Gender Equality.
Recorded on January 8th, 2019.
M&H Podcast 39 – Show Notes:
- Pia’s research:
- Article on the medical magazine “ÄrzteZeitung” about children from divorce benefitting from equal time with both parents (German)
- Article on Welt.de: “Why the suicide rate is higher in men.” (German)
- Pia recommends researching about men and custody rights in your language
- Floyd Dell’s “Feminism for Men” article, “First published in The Masses (July 1914).”
- Documentary “The Mask You Live In“
- Study about violence against men (German)
Podcast Episode 39 – Metal & High Heels Playlist On Spotify:
Have you thought about how sexism affects men negatively? Tell us in the comments – and share this article! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us: @metalhighheels!
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.