Many games have included metal music in their soundtrack and their concept. Of Bird & Cage started the other way around. Composer Arnold Nesis tells Kiki and Pia about how he and his metal band wrote an album and decided to turn it into a story-driven video game.
After discussing the game and the music, we discuss important subjects from the overlap between music and gaming, like financing, licensing, and why the music industry as it is now can’t tap into the wealth of gamers around the world.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 90:
Recorded on April 29th, 2021.
M&H Podcast 90 – Show Notes:
- Of Bird and Cage‘s website
- Capricia Productions’ website
- Of Bird and Cage Gameplay Trailer on Games Radar’s YouTube
- Of Bird and Cage-song ‘Burning the Past’ live @GameON
- Live performance and gameplay stream from Of Bird and Cage
- Horizis’ song ‘Knightfall’ with footage from Dark Souls
Are you a gamer? Will you try out Of Bird & Cage? Tell us in the comments – and share this article! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us: @metalhighheels!
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.