Kiki, Pia, and Steffi put their heads together to figure out if what they are doing with Metal & High Heels is still necessary in today’s world. This episode is not an existential crisis – or is it? – but it certainly gave us a new appreciation for what we do and refreshed our motivation to keep doing it.
Listen in as we go through the different categories of Music Journalism, our perspectives as consumers and producers in this industry, and tell stories about what we’ve been doing since even before we started Metal & High Heels in 2013.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 84:
Recorded on February 7th, 2021.
M&H Podcast – Music Journalism Show Notes:
- Sam Dunn’s documentary Metal: A Headbanger’s Journey on wikipedia
- German Metal Magazine MoreCore
- MoreCore’s live report of TRIVIUM’s “A Light Or A Distant Mirror” Livestream, which has stuck with Kiki after many months
- The latest news update on John Schaffer’s role in capitol riot on Blabbermouth
- Confesiones Female Fronted’s Facebook-video from our footage asking Zuberoa about singing in NIGHTWISH published in 2019 and taken from an interview we made in 2012 for German magazine Metal4 with DIABULUS IN MUSICA
- Bands to watch out for:
- Kiki recommends AS EVERYTHING UNFOLDS, a newcomer band from the UK
- Pia recommends ORBIT CULTURE and TORMENTS, both from Sweden
- Steffi recommends SOJOURNER
What are your thoughts on the future of Music Journalism? Tell us in the comments – and share this article! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us: @metalhighheels!
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.