On another episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast, Pia and I talk about two “new” bands: the Swiss CELLAR DARLING, which was brought to life by ex-ELUVEITIE members and the Dutch band VUUR, fronted by Anneke van Giersbergen. Interviews with both bands let us gain insight into the start of these two projects.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 7: CELLAR DARLING and VUUR
Interview with CELLAR DARLING-drummer Merlin Sutter recorded on June 29th; interview with Anneke van Giersbergen recorded at Tuska Festival 2017; podcast recorded on August 14th, 2017.
- Preview of the next podcast-episode, we’ll talk about our EXIT EDEN-interview at Wacken Open Air 2017.
- Merlin recommends reading Theodor Roosevelt’s biography by Edmund Morris in three parts: “The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt”, “Theodore Rex” and “Colonel Roosevelt”.
- Read our article, one of Merlin‘s favorite reviews of CELLAR DARLING’s debut album “This Is The Sound”
- TWISTED SISTER’s controversy about the misinterpreted lyrics
- VUUR‘s song ‘Sail Away – Santiago’ on YouTube
- VUUR‘s song ‘Days Go By – London’ on Spotify, about the Great Fire Of London from the perspective of fire
- Dutch pronunciation of “vuur”
- Marcela Bovio’s statement about leaving the band
- This episode’s tag: #MHPodcast7
While writing these show notes and listening to ‘This Is The Sound’ with the topics we discussed on the podcast in mind, something blew my mind:
Just noticed that @cellar_darling’s song ‚Fire, Wind & Earth’ deals with the destruction of the earth from the perspective of water/sea
— Cristina Mlynek (@kikigege87) 18. August 2017
Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher or any other podcatcher, it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. The awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Are you keeping up with these new bands? Did you like our interviews? Share with us in a comment below!