Welcome back to a new episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast! We get back to talking about Metal and start with a fun game of Categories! It was a challenge to think about a band, a festival, a musician, a Metal sub-genre and a one-word song that starts with the different letters. Try it at home!
The main topic of this episode, however, is music videos. Pia, Kiki, and Steffi discuss the different styles of videos, the recurring elements (like forests and ruins) and also some videos that just don’t make sense to us.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 40:
Recorded on January 24th, 2019.
M&H Podcast 40 – Show Notes about Music Videos:
- Our first ever interview with DRACONIAN at Metal Female Voices Fest in 2014 – with our backdrop-fail
- Our interview with Heike Langhans at Female Metal Event 2015 – with our audio-recording-fail
- A new interview with DRACONIAN at their gig in Essen is coming soon
- The Iconic video for IMMORTAL’s ‘Call Of The Wintermoon’
- ANY GIVEN DAY’s video for their cover of Rhianna’s ‘Diamonds’
- THE CHARM THE FURY’s video for ‘Songs Of Obscenity’
- TRIVIUM’s video for ‘The Wretchedness Inside’ is (correction) a mix of live footage from Summer Breeze 2018 and a more standard inside-shoot, while the video for ‘Betrayer’ is a commented tour recap.
- MARILYN MANSON’s ‘The Beautiful People’
- IN FLAMES’ video for ‘Deliver Us’
- The video for VENUES’ ‘The Epilogue’
- BLOOD STAIN CHILD’s [O.k.e.@.n.o.S] video
- VISIONS OF ATLANTIS video for ‘The Last Home’
- A PERFECT CIRCLE 2D version of hologram video for ‘TalkTalk’
- GOJIRA’s ‘To Sirius’-video
- KAMELOT videos for ‘Insomnia’ and ‘Liar Liar’
- PAIN’s ‘Dirty Woman’-video
- EPICA’s ‘Universal Death Squad’-lyric video
- The lyric video for ‘Endless Forms Most Beautiful’ by NIGHTWISH
- EPICA’s lyric video for ‘Unchain Utopia’
- LEAVES’ EYES’ trilogy of videos: ‘King Of Kings’, ‘The Waking Eye’; correction: ‘Halvdan The Black’ features live footage.
- EXIT EDEN’s music videos for their album “Rhapsodies In Black”
- NIGHTWISH’s alternative video for ‘Wish I Had An Angel’ for the movie “Alone In The Dark”
- KONTRUST’s most famous video ‘Sock ‘n’ Doll’, their video for ‘Bomba’, and the one for ‘On The Run’
- VISIONS OF ATLANTIS-singer Clémentine reacts to DELAIN’s ‘Masters Of Destiny’
- BTW: “Hunter’s Moon” is indeed a full album, but contains only four new songs and the rest is live recordings, so for me (Kiki) it counts as an EP.
- BRING ME THE HORIZON’s video ‘Blessed With A Curse’
- UNSUN’s video for ‘Home’
- ARIA FLAME’s ‘Realm Of Hate’-video and our talk with singer Aziza Poggi
- ESKIMO CALLBOY’s ‘MC Thunder’-video
- XANDRIA’s video for ‘Call Of Destiny’
- There are two videos for TARJA’s ‘Until My Last Breath’: the one with the underwater footage and one with her death on the media
- IN FLAMES’ new video ‘I Am Above’ with Martin Wallström
- Forgot to mention FOREVER STILL, whose first music videos were made completely by the band, with singer Maja Shining in charge, as she told us in an interview.
Podcast Episode 40 – Metal & High Heels Music Video Playlist On Spotify:
What are your favorite music videos? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us: @metalhighheels!
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.