The music industry is not what it used to be anymore and even the members of big name bands have day jobs or struggle to make ends meet. That’s where the Wacken Foundation enters. The goals of the foundation are to keep Heavy Metal alive by supporting bands financially and otherwise. On the fourth episode of our Metal & High Heels Podcast, we talk to Sywen Holst, an intern at the Wacken Foundation. So if you’re a band looking for support or interested in some rocking volunteer work, listen to the episode.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 4: Wacken Foundation.
Interview recorded on June 7th; podcast recorded on June 12th, 2017.
- Wacken Foundation Website
- E-mail them at info @ wacken-foundation.com
- Bands mentioned by Sywen that have been supported by the Wacken Foundation:
- Upcoming Festivals, where you can approach the volunteers of the Wacken Foundation:
- Kiki looks forward to following bands on Wacken Open Air 2017:
- BerlinAllstarz Live Karaoke (woohoo!)
- LACUNA COIL
- MARILYN MANSON
- Is Wacken Open Air’s Beer Pipeline real?
- Kiki’s report on Hellfest 2015
Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or any other podcatcher, it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. The awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Don’t forget to participate in our giveaway by leaving us a review on iTunes. You could win this lovely makeup bag signed by several of our favorite women in metal.
Had you heard about the Wacken Foundation before? What do you think about their work? Spread the word by sharing this article and leave a comment below!