Episode number 20 of the Metal & High Heels Podcast deals with the subject of female voices in Metal, so this episode is its counterpart. Pia, Steffi, and Kiki talk about different vocal styles in Metal done by male singers and how varied they are. And while each of us listens to different kinds of Metal, we can all agree that the more variety of vocal styles in general, the better.
We digress in our discussion while trying to define operatic singing and while searching for a male singer that uses that style, but we also talk about many other styles and a wide variety of singers: from Bruce Dickinson to Chester Bennington to Tommy Karevik, etc etc etc.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 27: Vocal Styles sung by men in Metal.
Recorded on June 14th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 27 – Show Notes from our chat about Male Vocals in Metal:
- Our podcast episode about Female Vocals in Metal
- IMPERIAL AGE‘s vocalist Alexander “Aor” Osipov is definitely a great operatic singer in Metal – but we want more!
- RHAPSODY’s song ‘The Magic Of The Wizard’s Dream’ featuring Christopher Lee
- A definitive opera singer, Laura Macrì’s website
- Lead Singer Syndrome Podcast – episode featuring female alt-hiphop artist K. Flay
- Our podcast episode about what artists think of Spotify
- Steffi also wanted to say that POWERWOLF fits to her concept of Metal operatic vocals.
What kind of singing do you like better? And who is your favorite male singer in metal? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!
Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Metal & High Heels Playlist – Podcast Episode 27:
During the episode, we mentioned several bands and songs – in this playlist, we collected everything you need to be up to date on the episode!