25 (!) episodes of the Metal & High Heels Podcast in a year! So for the anniversary episode, Steffi, Pia, and Kiki streamed the recording live on our Facebook Page. For over two hours we talked about NIGHTWISH, a band all of us love – and apparently, know a lot about. For the podcast, we have cut out an hour of less important stuff and here you can listen to it.
Due to technical difficulties related with a curse that has stopped us from releasing this episode before, the audio is not the usual quality and Steffi is gone for long moments of the conversation, but bear with us, we have a lot of personal NIGHTWISH-stories we’ve been wanting to share with you.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 25: Symphonic Metal Legends NIGHTWISH.
Recorded on May 17th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 25 – Notes from our talk about Lyrics in Metal:
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS-singer Kobra Paige on Psychology Today
- Brick by Brick, a column on Psychology Today about mental health, often featuring Metal musicians, like BUTCHER BABIES, Kobra, and KITTIE
- ‘Eva’-Demo with Marco Hietala on lead vocals
- Pia’s theory: Clementine Delauney might have been a better choice than Annette Olzon back then, as this VISIONS OF ATLANTIS-single shows
- That time we fed the controversy-fire around who would be the new NIGHTWISH-singer back in 2012 at Metal Female Voices Fest (video for German Magazine Metal4.de in German, Spanish and English)
- Our interview with Floor Jansen just days after NIGHTWISH announced her as their new singer
- Pia on Annette Olzon’s new band THE DARK ELEMENT releasing a lyric video for single ‘Dead To Me’, which we interpret as throwing some shade on NIGHTWISH
- AFTER FOREVER covering ‘She Is My Sin’ live
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Metal & High Heels Playlist – Podcast Episode 25:
On our Spotify playlist, we’ve gathered songs that we mentioned during the episode – take a listen!
Are you a NIGHTWISH-fan? Do you have a personal story related to the band? And did you experience Tarja’s leaving as a tragedy as we did? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!