On a new episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast, Steffi, Pia, and Kiki reunite to talk about the role song lyrics play when listening to Metal. We talk about the different topics Metal bands talk about in their lyrics – next time someone gives you that “why do you even like metal?!”-look, tell them about all the philosophy and social critique that’s in Metal lyrics.
Another important and prevalent subject in Metal is love and Pia poses a difficult question: what is your all-time favorite metal love song?
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 24: Lyrics in Metal.
Recorded on May 6th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 24 – Notes from our talk about Lyrics in Metal:
- Kiki’s TRIVIUM-tote bag
- Most used words in Metal lyrics
- LACUNA COIL performing “Nothing Stands In Our Way”
- Amanda Somerville’s TRILLIUM – “Time To Shine”-video ( the full album is called “Tectonic” and will be released on June 8th)
- Pia likes the music-lyrics-contradiction in J.B.O ‘s “Gänseblümchen” (video)
- NORTHER’s Omen (video with lyrics)
- Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Youtube Channel and help us reach 1k subs!
Don’t miss out on our special 25th episode! Watch the recording live on May 17th 19:00 CET on our Facebook Page.
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 24 Playlist:
On our Spotify playlist, we’ve gathered songs that we mentioned during the episode – take a listen!
Do you pay attention to the lyrics of Metal Music? What’s your favorite Metal love song? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!