After visiting Ecuador for three weeks, Kiki returns with fun memories to talk about. Pia tells us about her plans to go to Tokyo and her upcoming honeymoon in Switzerland, and both of us talk about our festival plans for the summer. Tune in to learn a bit about Ecuador and its traffic, trendy beverages like craft beer and kombucha, the Ecuadorian music scene, who’s playing at Tuska this year, and how Pia is going to dress to roam the streets of Tokyo.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 22: Vacation & Metal.
Recorded on March 4th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 22 – Show Notes from our chat about travel:
- Kiki recommends Ozuna Restaurante in Quito
- The actual definition of kombucha
- Ecuadorian “trip-hop, downtempo, post-rock” band MUNN on Facebook
- KUSH – Ecuadorian Experimental Rock project by Ibo Kush
- Pia and Steffi’s Episode about Death Metal
- TRIVIUM in London -Facebook event
- Tuska Festival 2018
- Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before The Storm
- Kiki’s schoolmate (the animator)’s Instagram
What are your vacation plans for the rest of 2018? And what festivals are you attending this year? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!
Don’t forget to subscribe – the podcast comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. You can subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Acast AND ALSO ON SPOTIFY!! And you want to be a subscriber, so you don’t miss our upcoming interview with Merel Bechtold, the famous guitarist from DELAIN, MAYAN, and her very own PUREST OF PAIN.
Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
After listening to the episode, tune in to this playlist, where we’ve collected everything we mentioned during the show: