Pia and Kiki welcome Marcela Bovio to a new episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast. We love talking to the Netherlands-based Mexican singer, so we were super happy to have a whole half hour to chat with her about her upcoming tour with MAYAN, her second solo album, and her Spotify-playlists. Listening to our conversation might also teach you a thing or two about marketing yourself or your music online, with Marcela‘s social media presence as a great example and why you might want to block pushy fans if they’re sending you a lot of inappropriate messages.
We hope you enjoy this episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast as much as we did!
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 18: A talk with Marcela Bovio.
Recorded on February 8th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 18 – Show Notes from our chat with Marcela Bovio:
- MAYAN’s tour dates – to see Marcela live!
- Marcela Bovio‘s website – subscribe to her newsletter to stay updated about her solo career and for the occasional free song!
- Marcela‘s “My trip through memory lane”-playlist on Spotify
- Marcela‘s more recent “The saddest playlist ever” on Spotify
- Marcela recommends Pascuala Ilabaca
- Talking about Spotify: Music Ally’s article on the payouts from music streaming
- Lindsay Schoolcraft writes about her experiences with demanding fans on social media
- Marcela teaches us how to growl
Are you a fan of Marcela Bovio? Do you agree with her about sad music being cathartic? Tell us in the comments! You can also send a short voice message to our facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!
DON’T FORGET: Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Acast – it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.