Pia, Kiki and Steffi discuss their highlights of 2017 and what they’re looking forward to in the new year. Prepare for more talk about how great CELLAR DARLING is and how Pia hasn’t listened to them yet. Oh, and, of course, Kiki is still obsessed with TRIVIUM.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 16: Last year’s highlights and our hopes for 2018.
Podcast recorded live on the Metal & High Heels Facebook Page on January 4th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 16 – Show Notes:
- Metal & High Heels’ 2017 in review
- Some of our shared highlights were:
- Steffi’s 2017- highlights (video)
- Steffi’s and Kiki’s favorite album of 2017: CELLAR DARLING’s “This Is The Sound”
- Steffi looks forward to:
- Pia’s 2017-highlights (video)
- Pia and Steffi liked PERSONA’s 2017-album “Metamorphosis”
- In 2017 Pia really liked a lot:
- Pia looks forward to:
- Movies: Avengers: Infinity War, X-Men Movies, Black Panther
- LONG DISTANCE CALLING‘s upcoming album “Boundless” – out February 2nd.
- Pia dreams of a double headnlining tour with WE CAME AS ROMANS and THE CHARM THE FURY
- In 2018 Kiki looks forward to catch TRIVIUM on their European tour in the spring
- Kiki discovered TRIVIUM while listening to the Lead Singer Syndrome Podcast
- These female fronted bands are releaseing albums in 2018:
- MEDEN AGAN’s album “Catharsis” – out January 5th
- LEAVES’ EYES’ album “Sign Of The Dragonhead” – out January 12th
- THERION’s “Beloved Antichrist” – out February 2nd
- VISIONS OF ATLANTIS’ “The Deep & The Dark” – out February 16th
- Pia looks forward to seeing Liv Kristine live with MIDNATTSOL
- Kiki looks forward to seeing bands get creative with merch items and other products, like ESKIMO CALLBOY with their vape liquids
- STITCHED UP HEART-frontwoman Mixi’s Filthy Animal Clothing Company
- Pia and Kiki look forward to Sweden Rock Festival and lots of travel
What were your 2017-highlights? What metal albums or concerts are you looking forward to in 2018? We’d love to hear from you in the comments or on twitter! Tweet at us using #MHPodcast16 – and share this episode!
DON’T FORGET: Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Acast – it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.