We find it very interesting to learn about how the music we listen to develops, not only by the musician but also by society in general. On this episode of the Metal & High Heels Podcast, Pia and Kiki talk about some interviews we’ve had with Metal researchers and with producers of Metal documentaries, such as “Soaring Highs And Brutal Lows: A Documentary About Women In Metal” by Mark Harwood and everything produced by Sam Dunn and Banger Films.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 13:
Interview with researcher Toni-Matti Karjalainen recorded at Tuska Festival 2017; interview with “Soaring Highs And Brutal Lows” producer Mark Harwood recorded in Eindhoven at Female Metal Event 2015; podcast recorded on November 26th, 2017.
- These interviews were published first on our Metal & High Heels YouTube Channel, where you can find all the interviews we’ve ever done!
- Our interview with Banger Films about Wacken VR documentary
- Our podcast episode with The Heavy Metal Historian
- Our Interview with KOBRA AND THE LOTUS’s Kobra Paige where she tells about her experience being part of “Soaring Highs And Brutal Lows”
- Kiki wants to also mention another kind of research institution, one that studies mental illness in musicians called Help Musicians UK and also has started a hotline for musicians dealing with depression or other mental illnesses
DON’T FORGET: Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Acast – it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
What are your favorite documentaries about Metal? We love to hear from you in the comments! Or tweet at us using #MHPodcast13 – and share this episode!