Surprised to hear a deeper voice than usual? Well, on episode number eleven of the Metal & High Heels Podcast, Pia and Kiki welcome special guest Tom “TDW” de Wit, for some random fun and also to talk about his work as a visual artist, his band TDW & DREAMWALKERS INC., and his cat Bert. I apologize for being super impolite and making noise while Tom was telling us about his band, but we recovered and eventually got back on track.
We also try to analyze why there are more female instrumentalists in The Netherlands than in Germany, for example, and Tom makes a clear statement, which you can also read on this article’s picture. BTW: Pia is in a great mood in this episode and makes some great jokes…
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 11:
Podcast recorded on October 17th, 2017.
- Interview with Vicky and Danny from THE AGONIST
- Our Metal & High Heels YouTube Channel, where you can find all the interviews we’ve ever done!
- Jimmy Kimmel’s “I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy”-challenge 2016
- Pia never got to ask, but the concert I went to was part of Female Metal Voices Tour 2017 and it was great!
- The Facebook-Page for Tom’s band TDW & DREAMWALKERS INC. – check it out!
- TDW & DREAMWALKERS INC.‘s album “The Antithetic Affiliation”
- Tom mentioned the band OCEANS OF SLUMBER
- In case you don’t know him, here’s photographer Jim Wilkinson’s Facebook-Page (shoutout)
DON’T FORGET: Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Acast – it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.
Do you agree that the Dutch Metal scene is tiny? And that more female instrumentalists should join or found metal bands? We love to hear from you in the comments! Or tweet at us using #MHPodcast11 and share this episode!