2017 wasn’t as bad as some people are saying. For us, it was the year we launched the Metal & High Heels Podcast and the year the three of us went together to Female Metal Event. After we wrote about our favorite albums of 2016 a year ago, Pia, Steffi and I, Kiki, decided to review the past year once again and have brought you these three short videos.
Steffi’s 2017 started with IGNEA:
On Steffi’s video that can’t be embedded for whatever reason, she talks about her highlights of 2017. The year started well for Steffi with IGNEA’s release of “Signs Of Faith”. Her next personal highlight is CELLAR DARLING’s “This Is The Sound” and another of her favorite albums of the year is the latest release of Tunisian band PERSONA, “Metamorphosis” – she also mentions our interview with PERSONA at Female Metal Event.
Tuska Open Air 2017 was another great event in the summer and some of the gigs Steffi saw there were lovely memories of the year. For 2018, Steffi is looking forward to the Within Temptation tour.
Kiki discovered TRIVIUM in 2017:
I wanted to keep things short and talked about:
- The album I was looking forward to the most for 2017 and that totally delivered: XANDRIA’s “Theater Of Dimensions”
- Unexpectedly best album of 2017: CELLAR DARLING’s “This Is The Sound”
- My discovery (and obsession) of 2017: US-Metalcore band TRIVIUM! Absolutely love their music and look forward to seeing them live this year.
- Lifestyle highlight of the year: the awesome tool for easy winged eyeliner, The Vamp Stamp
- And my personal favorite Game this year: Life Is Strange: Before The Storm
Pia is in love with Anneke van Giersbergen’s VUUR:
For her end of the year review 2017, Pia talks about THE CHARM THE FURY’s “The Sick, Dumb & Happy”, as well as, WE CAME AS ROMANS’ “Cold like war”. THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE’s “Under Your Spell” was also something Pia was looking for VUUR’s debut album, about with she talked to Anneke van Giersbergen at Tuska. Another favorite moment for Pia was CHILDREN OF BODOM’s gig in Hanover in March 2017. Pia also mentions The Vamp Stamp and Maybelline New York’s lipsticks.
Metal & High Heels looks forward to 2018:
The video is quite long, but you can listen to us on the go, on the Metal & High Heels Podcast episode number 16.
What releases are you looking forward to this year? What were your favorites of 2017? Tell us in the comments, we love to hear from you!