When Lindsay Hearts‘ publicist reached out to us about interviewing her about her fashion brand Foxblood, we were in a bit of a shock. What would an L.A.-based designer have in common with Metal & High Heels? – Well, only all of our values!
Foxblood is a 100% female-owned and operated fashion company founded by Lindsay that produces high-quality, ethically produced, vegan- and cruelty-free clothes that rock as hard as her taste in music. Furthermore, these clothes – which look as great at the office as at a Metal festival – ship in environmentally friendly packaging and the company supports LGBTQIA+-organizations and the Black Lives Matter movement.
We had a fantastic conversation with Lindsay about her start in fashion by styling big names in Metal (STEEL PANTHER, ARCH ENEMY’s Alyssa White-Gluz, among others), her design process and the products available in Foxblood‘s online store, and the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic had on her fashion line for 2020.
Metal & High Heels’s talk with Lindsay Hearts from Foxblood:
Recorded on June 10th, 2020.
M&H Podcast 71 – Show Notes:
- Lindsay‘s website – hit her up if you want to carry Foxblood in stores in Europe
- Lindsay‘s Instagram
- Foxblood‘s website
- Foxblood on Instagram
- The shoes in Foxblood’s store are made in partnership with Strange Cult
- Lindsay‘s favorite make-up artist Morgan McVay’s website
- Lindsay mentions following Painkiller Clothing on Instagram
- Lindsay mentions doing a video for Metal Blade Records at Hellfest 2015 – Kiki was also there and wrote a festival report
Are you into dark fashion? What are your favorite brands? Tell us in the comments – and share this article! You can also send a short voice message to our Facebook page to have your voice played on the show! Or tweet at us: @metalhighheels!
Our jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.