Pia and Kiki discuss their views on today’s music industry, especially the Heavy Metal industry. After discussing the topic of streaming services on several of our interviews, we wanted to talk about the concept and about how musicians can still make money with their art. When Georg Neuhauser (of SERENITY-fame) told us how much a tour bus costs, we wanted to spread the word in order to encourage metalheads to support their favorite bands going to shows, buying merch, etc. And we also have some ideas for bands to make some more cash.
Metal & High Heels Podcast – Episode 17: Today’s Music Business with Georg Neuhauser from SERENITY.
Our interview with SERENITY-singer Georg Neuhauser was recorded on October 28th, 2017; podcast recorded on January 18th, 2018.
M&H Podcast 17 – Show Notes:
- Pia’s 2017-highlights (video)
- ESKIMO CALLBOY’s vape liquids (German site) – Kiki notes: my husband bought it without knowing the band and when I saw the name I played him songs. A way to discover new bands!
- We talked to Georg before SERENITY‘s gig on the Danse Macabre Tour with CELLAR DARLING and DELAIN
- Our interview with Mike Lepond
- CD Baby’s DIY Musician Podcast, episode #191: Music streaming myths debunked – recommended podcast for musicians with many creative ideas for music marketing
- Music Ally’s article on the payouts from music streaming
- Australian Powercore band A BREACH OF SILENCE criticize the Music Value Gap in music video (update February 12th, 2018)
What’s your opinion about streaming services? What other ideas for musicians do you have to make more money? Send us a short voice message on facebook to have your voice played on the show!
We’d also love to hear from you in the comments or on twitter! Tweet at us @metalhighheels – and share this episode!
DON’T FORGET: Subscribe to the Metal & High Heels Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Acast – it comes out twice a month on Tuesdays. Our awesome jingle is voiced by Kassandra Novell based on the song ‘Storm’ by her band MERCY ISLE.